Thursday, January 31, 2008

Working for the Church

I'm in my third year working for the Corporations of the Presiding Bishopbric. It's fascinating watching, from the inside, how an organization I've been a member of all my life operates. I've grown up knowing the this is Christ's organization, but I've never thought of the very human errors and processes that make up all the levels of the Church. The Church is an inspired organization, run by individuals called of God, but the average person working for the Church doesn't have big revelations regarding exactly what they should do in their day to day lives. The Church operates much as we are told to run our lives; stay in tune with the Spirit, make decisions, check in frequently to make sure your not far off base, and move ahead. It's wonderful watching the principals of the Gospel put into action by those who steer this world-wide organization.

No comments: